Monday, January 30, 2012

Dutch Windmill Cookies

Seriously, I have no idea how the name of these cookies got changed to "Windmill Cookies." I think it is completely irrelevant to the cookies entirely. For example, today I cut them out in the shape of a maple leaf because I wanted to be fancy and crazy. I have no idea how I got to the subject of this, but anyway, they aren't windmill cookies.

I started by creaming butter with, I'm sorry, crisco.




Then, I added white sugar...

And brown sugar.

Then I creamed them with the butter,

And added an egg.

While I let that mix,

I started taking out my dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, oatmeal, and almonds.

I started with the flour, which I decided to tone down from two cups to one and a half. Then I put in the soda and salt.

I next put in the spices, 

cloves,

nutmeg,

cinnamon 
I finished off the measuring by dumping in the oatmeal and almonds,



And the spicy rubbish turned into cookie dough!

I decided to be fancy and crazy as I previously said, and I cut out the cookie dough into the shape of a maple leaf. Because I doubled the recipe and I ended up making 8 dozen, this took hours. (It didn't help that I was juggling making spaghetti also)

But, after intense labor, I had the joy of seeing perfect maple-almond-oatmeal-anything but windmill, cookies.


Yum!

Dutch Windmill Cookie:
From: Grandma Lam


You will need:

  • 1 cup butter 
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. cloves
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1 cup slivered or sliced almonds
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter,sugar, and egg. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in almonds. Shape dough into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees fir 10 to 12 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!


P.S I'm sorry to post this late, but my mom was busy researching the house of a relative of Corrie Ten Boom, and she got engrossed in her research on "my blogging computer."

No comments:

Post a Comment